FOR LIP TYPE SEALS WITH SEAL REVITALISER
Dynamic barrier in aft seal chambers
In addition to high concentration of PTFE, MPS 896 Special Mix contains another additive, which gives the paste different structure and makes it cling to the rotating shaft with a firm grip.
The „firm grip“ on the shaft ensures that the higher level of PTFE is interlocked right in front of any given slip between the seal and the shaft, offering a tougher sealing effect that will withstand greater forces from the sea.
The paste’s seal revitalizing additive preserves or restores flexibility of the rubber seals without swelling.
- Lubrication with solids
MPS contains a high concentration of PTFE and Bentonite
- No water/oil emulsion
MPS does not emulsify with oil or water
- Compatible with most oil types
Oil is used as a carrier for solid particles, PTFE and Bentonite
- Broad working temperature range
MPS tolerates temperatures from -30° C to 260° C
- MPS contains seal revitalizing additive
Compatible with FKM and NBR elastomers
MPS restores seals elasticity without swelling
- Surface treatment
MPS polishes the surface and fills in cracks of up to 2 mm
MPS provides static lubrication due to surface fluorination
- Anti-corrosion and EP properties
MPS enhances corrosion protection and allows increased loads
HOW TO APPLY MPS 896 SPECIAL MIX
The MPS 896 Special Mix paste must be injected in its concentrated form directly to the aft seal chambers.
Important: It is necessary to have a suitable pump for the application. Lindemann can supply a high-pressure pump, which suits the 20 kg drum, for easy application. The pump can later be used for other purposes.
TYPICAL APPLICATION AREAS
- MPS 896 Special Mix will work equally well with most materials e.g. bronze, chrome, stainless steel or brass and rubber, asbestos and plastics
- MPS 896 Special Mix is compatible with NBR and FKM elastomers
- MPS 896 Special Mix can be used as an additive with both mineral oil and EALs
Apply 100% of MP 896 Special Mix to aft seal chambers only.
Please, consult Lindemann team for application instructions and the necessary quantity.